Message from Google Fiber:
My name is Daniel Lucio and I manage Community Affairs at Google Fiber here in Austin. You're receiving this because you've been identified as an important community stakeholder in the 78705 and 78751 areas.
I'm reaching out to let you know that Google Fiber will be starting construction in parts of these communities beginning in August. This area includes parts of North University, Hyde Park, North Loop and some surrounding neighborhoods.
I want to make sure your communities are aware of the imminent construction, and that you have information that you can share with your communities regarding construction. Here is some additional information about the construction:
- Construction will take place Monday - Saturday, from 7:00 am - 7:00 pm.
- Construction will take place in the public right-of-way, and involve both aerial and underground work.
- There will be crews marking important construction zones and utility paths with spray paint and flags. Please try not to move these, as they are important for understanding where current utilities are located and where construction will take place.
- You may also see “No Parking Signs” in certain areas. Crews put these signs up 48 hours in advance of construction on a street or alleyway, when they need access to the right of way.
- As a last resort, if vehicles remain in “no parking” area during construction and crews are unable to access the public right-of-way, vehicles may be towed. If a vehicle is towed, the owner is NOT CHARGED with the tow and the vehicle is generally put back where it was.
- Construction will continue over the coming months. There are a variety of factors that could impact how long the construction process will take, from weather to permit approval to the location of existing utilities
Please feel free to share this information with your communities. And finally, if you run into any issues during construction, please let us know. You can give us a call at 877-454-6959. This is a 24/7 hotline dedicated to construction issues.
I'm also happy to meet with members of your HOA or Neighborhood Association, if that's helpful. Please just reach out and let me know.